The Umbrella Academy


The Umbrella Academy
The Umbrella academy is a comic book written by Gerard Way, my beloved “My Chemical Romance” front man. Published by Dark Horse and the art is by Gabriel Bà. The story is awesome so does with the artwork (FYI, I used to read manga, and this is the first time I read western comic).
The story is about an old man that adopted seven ‘gifted’ children and raised them to save the world.

Awesome! Since Gerard Way is a vocalist of MCR and made good song and song lyric I never know that he can make a good story comic. I’ve read the Apocalypse Suite (the first comic book) from 1st issue until the 6th issue and I do love the characters and story.

Gerard Way really is a comic lover; I see that not from the story but from the characters. It is bad or good I don’t know, but the character are too fascinating for only described in hurry in one issue and it makes the story not as good as the characters. I do more love the characters than the story. No offense. Since both of it are made by the same person. And the story is good.

For me, I prefer Gerard to make a longer time to introduce all of them one by one and not everyone in only one issue. Yeah, like I said before that I used to read manga than western comic, so I get used to long story that need more than 5 comic for the first story (like One Piece, but it really have different kind of story), for example, like only showing 3 of them in the first issue. But still Gerard had a point when he named the second issue “We Only See Each Other at Weddings and Funerals”. Make the brothers and sister gathered, and not all of them showed up too, 00.07 not showed up at Hargreeves’s funeral.

I just wanna say, Gerard imagination of the characters and the story is not balance. But after all, it’s a worth to be read.

Since I always write about the Character, I want to expose my favorite characters. I like:

1. 00.05. He has no names, and Dr Pogo the chimpanzee calls him the boy who disappeared. He do not aging. He can travel the time and get stuck at the end of the world. He then learned how to travel back time after 50 years studied about it in the future (his father, Hargreeves said that it is impossible to travel back time) and want to go back to the day when he disappeared when he is ten y.o. But he failed and went back ten years after he disappeared in ten years old boy body (when he used to twenty y.o). He is the oldest member of the Umbrella Academy; He is 60 years old when the others are twenty.

2. 00.04 a.k.a The Seancé. His ability is telekinesis and can speak or make a connection with the dead. At the end of the story others discovered that his ability is not only that. The mos thing that I like from him is he just like Akabane Kurodou at Get Backers, love to wear black, called himself god of death, but his heart a lot warmer than Akabane has and The Seancé is funnier than him.

3. 00.03 The Rumor. A big liar girl/woman. She can provoke others and everything she said is true or in other word become true.

Sorry for other characters. I like Hargreeves but, have no chance to know more about the old man.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment



Posting Lebih Baru Posting Lama Beranda